Sunday, December 22, 2013

New Beginings

Today is a day of new beginnings. I have decided to join the blog world. Partially because I want somewhere to create an online portfolio of my designs; partially because I want to share my knowledge with those who want it.

This will be a short post today, just to get things started.

I am Amy Sue. I love to craft and have more ideas than I have time in the day. My main areas of interest are painting, drawing, card making, and sewing. I chose the name Splattered Sketchbook for this blog because all of my designs begin as a sketch. I started selling on Etsy a few years ago to sell off the excess of projects around my house and has gone from there.

I often get questions from people about where I come up with my designs and how I make things. Those are among the questions I plan to address through this blog.



For now, here is a picture of me - painting. You can see all of the reference photos behind me. An essential element of most projects.

I hope to see you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment